The SDLC recently attended the 2022 Consumer Electronics Show. The event took place Tuesday, January 7, 2022 - through Friday, January 10, 2022. Like previous years, the event was located at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. Livio attended the event on behalf of the SDLC and maintained the booth and demonstrations.
Demonstrations within the booth:
SDL on an Android Automotive OS:
With the growing adoption of Android Automotive OS for In-Vehicle-Infotainment (IVI) systems, there is potential for SDL to be ported to the OS. This demonstration included:
- All the necessary components to enable SDL in an IVI running Android Auto OS, including SDL Core and a complimentary HMI.
- Ability to connect to applications over Bluetooth, WebSockets, and TCP. This allowed for applications to connect from mobile devices, the cloud, and locally.
SDL Embedded Android Applications:
- Showcased how already SDL enabled Android applications could be installed directly on the IVI and leverage SDL to be used in a known, driver distraction-free way.
- Both production and sample applications demonstrated the robust ability to connect from anywhere.
SDL Capabilities Application:
- A new example application already available through the SDL Examples Repository.
- Reference application that demonstrates a wide array of SDL features and capabilities.
- OEMs and suppliers can use the app to test SDL systems and HMIs
- The application includes example code that developers can reference while implementing features into their applications.
Read more about what happened at CES in the CES PRESS RELEASE.