4.10. Operational View
This view describes how the architecture provides the ability for operation/support teams to monitor and manage the system. To make system more flexible and to support different platforms, SW provides a configuration and logging components, which are able to change system behavior according to settings defined in smartDeviceLink.ini file and to diagnostic.
Config Profile component specifies the desirable system behavior on different platforms and provides settings parameters for each functional component or functionality:
- Mobile and HMI transports connection
- Protocol, Connection, Security
- Policy, Resumption
- File system restrictions
- Global properties like HelpPrompt, TimeoutPrompt, HelpTitle, HelpCommand
- Default Timeout for mobile application commands
- Desirable location of the system data (log files, persistence data, temporary data)
For further information with a list of all available parameters please refer to chapter "15.1 SDL’s configuration file structure" of HMI Guideline or smartDeviceLink .ini file.
SDL logging system (with a log4cxx library for posix build) provides powerful flexibility and allows to configure SDL for development, integrator and user purposes by changing log4cxx property file
Each SDL component can be configured with own:
For further information about configuration please refer:
SmartDeviceLink system provides diagnostics messages log file with following types of messages:
- FATAL message indicates abnormal problem related to external subsystems contract violation or SDL implementation issues. It indicates some critical issue and all SDL behaviors is undefined after this message.
- ERROR message shows, that the problem occurred and SDL has not accomplished some internal or API activities. Error is successfully handled by SDL, but notifies about some business logic's flow breakdown.
- WARNING message warns against uncommon or rare flow. This message indicates handling some expected by SDL issue according to specified requirements.
- INFO informs SDL user, integrators or support engineer about the component high-level activity success.
- DEBUG and TRACE messages contain debug information for software engineer diagnostics and deep issues analysis.
For further information about logging levels usage please refer related article.
View on GitHub.com